1. BROADWAY SERIES – Andrea Martin, two-time Tony Award-winner and “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” comedy star joins forces with Seth Rudetsky for a night of Broadway music and hijinks that are not to be missed! Saturday, April 1 at the Parker Playhouse Tickets are: $37 – $123.
2. THEATER – JERSEY BOYS is Award-winning Best Musical about Rock and Roll Hall of Famers “The Four Seasons.” This is the true story of how four blue-collar kids became one of the greatest successes in pop music history. Adrienne Arsht Center from Tuesday, April 4-Sunday, April 9.
3. FILM – Dan Savage’s “Hump Film Festival” takes place Friday, March 31 – Sunday, April 2 at O Cinema Wynwood (90 NW 29th St Miami). The festival features short dirty movies—less than five minutes—all created by people who aren’t p@rn stars but want to be one for a weekend.
4. GALA – Adrienne Arsht – presents their 11th Season Gala Concert – “A Celebration Of Women In The Arts” on Thursday, March 30 at 8:30 p.m. Presenters: Gloria Estefan, Judith Jamison, Tig Notaro, Michelle Ortiz, Chita Rivera with Vanessa Williams, Rita Moreno, and more performing.
5. FASHION – The debut Underground Lauderdale Fashion Weekend will bring together fashion influencers and consumer enthusiasts from all over the country for a fashion program March 30- April 2. For more info or to purchase tickets: UndergroundLauderdaleFashionWeekend.com
6. THEATER – Forbidden Broadway comes to Mizner Park in Boca Raton on Sunday, April 2 at 3 p.m. This scathingly funny love letter to the Great White Way is back with its 35th anniversary edition, skewering celebrities and throwing slings and arrows at everything
7. FOODIES – SMFWSF – South Miami Food Wine & Spirits Festival takes place at 5845 Sunset Drive on Saturday and Sunday April 1 & 2 from 2-10 p.m. Prices are $69-$99 for this culinary event offering unlimited sampling of amazing food, craft beer, fine wine and spirits.
8. CARBONELL AWARDS – South Florida’s answer to the Tony Awards and a highlight of each arts season, the 41st Annual Carbonell Awards pays tribute to the very best theatrical productions and raises money for South Florida arts students. At the Amaturo Theater on Monday, April 3 – $25-$30.
9. CONCERT – Duran Duran takes the stage at the Hard Rock Live on Wednesday, April 5 at 8 p.m. Tickets are from $55-$235. The ‘80s glamour boys scored big with “Girls on Film,” “Hungry Like the Wolf,” “Rio,” “Union of the Snake” and “Notorious.”
10. THE NANNY’S MOM – Renee Taylor shares her life’s amazing journey in a funny and nostalgic tell-all, which includes stories of the dieting advice she received from Marilyn Monroe & Joan Crawford, as well as tales of their famous co-stars Taylor worked with, accompanied by video & slides.