Florida AIDS Walk is a 10k walk (optional 5k) fundraiser to raise awareness and help reverse the continuing epidemic of HIV/AIDS in South Florida and is brought to you by AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Pharmacy. 100% of the funds raised from the Florida AIDS Walk stay right here in Florida and will benefit the AHF, Broward House, the Pride Center at Equality Park, SunServe and the Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center. This community fundraising and awareness event helps ensure the expansion of HIV/AIDS testing, education and prevention initiatives in South Florida and throughout the state.
* GLBT education, advocacy and services;
* Specialized services meeting the needs of the economically disadvantaged, marginalized youth, seniors and peoples of differing abilities;
* Specialized, comprehensive care of children and youth with HIV/AIDS in a family-
* Improving the lives of individuals living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
* 8:00 am: Registration/check-in (Registration/check-In located on the first floor of parking garage east of the museum)
* 9:30 am: Opening ceremony – Huizenga Plaza
* 10:00 am: Walk begins
* 1:00 pm: Post-walk celebration TBA
Florida AIDS Walk is grateful for their sponsors, which include Sidelines Sports Bar, Volunteer Broward, EdgeOnTheNet.com, Mark’s List Magazine, Florida Agenda, Cardinal Health, Sun-Sentinel, 97.0 WRFM, Latino Boys Magazine and Hotspots Magazine.
For more information about Florida AIDS Walk or to make a donation, visit FloridaAIDSWalk.org