– Bartender Melvin had a great surprise birthday party Sunday at Bradley’s on 7th, with a packed bar of guests. Happy Birthday Melvin.
– A huge hit this past weekend was the ‘Dakotas’ Midwest Get Together’ on the balcony at Hamburger Mary’s. Local Dakotan residents met for the first time. We meet daily in our store people coming to live, relocated or are yearly visitors to Tampa. So Teacup set up a party at Mary’s to have a Meet n Greet for everyone from the Midwest. It was a blast and funny that 12 were from the same North Dakota city of Mandan and knew of the others when living in North Dakota but were never introduced until last Saturday.
– A wild time for the Tampa Bay Concierges Association. They went on to touring Ybor City with eats, drinks and stops at Don Vicente Historic Inn, Liquid Lounge, Czar’s Zoya Hooka Lounge, Hamburger Mary’s, Bernini’s and lastly the Castle.
– The annual “Open Your Eyes to Ybor City” event was sponsored by Ybor City Development Corporation.
– Another great super talent goes on to compete in Hollywood. Alissa Summers, headliner at Steam Fridays at the Honey Pot, is heading to Hollywood to compete in Logo TV’s hot dragathon series, RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 4. Good Luck & Viva La GaYBOR!
Valentine Gifts For Lover(s)?
Cupids love arrows hits many at strange times and places. It is as big as Christmas, but you don’t have to worry about the stores cramming Holiday music and decorations down your throat or making you guilty of not spending enough on gifts. Valentine’s Day is the day you share with your partner and give personal, intimate gifts like delectable Belgium chocolates, hot fantasy underwear, sparkling jewelry or go out to eat at a restaurant you’d normally not think about going to. All for love! We carry those special eclectic fun gifts for your new or happy longtime love at the official crazy Ybor City spot, MC FILM.
Meeting Peter for the first time is like a renewal of an old friend you had growing up. He kind of reminds you of a happy expressionist French mime. He bartends at Ybor City’s Social Club, G. Bar and Honey Pot. A big smile is always upon his face — most times a naughty type of smile. He is also a professional artist and paints pictures and makes sculptures. Stop in and say “hi” to Peter at one of the many bars he is at. Often wearing a different hat daily, I remember asking Peter if he liked hats. “No, I just have a lot of them.” he told me.