Congratulations to Mike, Manny & Steve on the opening of Liquid Tampa. Located on the corner of 7th Ave & 15th Street, this new club has moving walls and can change in minutes. Open every day at 4 pm you will find a fun Happy Hour Bar. With the big windows that open you will find fresh air, sunshine, party people, drink specials, a great view of the Tampa skyline and fun people watching. Move one wall and suddenly there is a huge stage for performers like Miss Judy B. Goode. Blink one more time and it becomes a dance club. Look up on one of the three mezzanine levels and it’s a dancer club. There are even rumors of a secret basement too? If you sneak out the back door you are just 15ft away from where it all started Liquid Lounge. Become their Facebook fan today so you don’t miss any of the excitement! Facebook.com/#!/liquidtampa
– The much talked about Carne Chop House in Centro Ybor is set to open in the next few weeks. The location is in the old Olivier’s French Bistro in El Centro Espenol de Tampa on 7th Ave. Good Luck!
– Lights! Camera! Action! Oh, let the movie reels fly as GaYBOR District receives more new tenants. Yes, we are proud to say that the Tampa International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival Board has relocated their offices to the Metro Wellness & Community Center on 7th. The new offices are to be in place by April 1st. – A new restaurant will be opening soon at the location of the old Opa Taverna on 7th Ave. It’s specialty is Italian.
– Some of the officers of GaYBOR are heading north to New Orleans for an outing! And for cocktails can we say. .. Hurricaine! Speaking of adult beverages, Historic Ybor City now has a drink named for its long military history called, ‘ The Roughrider’ and it’s a combination of Jack Daniel’s, Amaretto and sour. It is being served at bars and clubs all over Ybor City!
– Our #1 nephew of Dishing with Mark & Carrie and longtime friend /employee, Keith Frey (KC) had pancreatic surgery Friday at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. He will be in the hospital for a few weeks. Give him a cheer up card on his Facebook.
– A loud cheer for Una Voce, Florida’s Men Choral’s UV Rays with a choral concert celebrating the Life and Music of Cole Porter, Friday, March 23 at King of Peace MCC in St. Pete.