Miami cuisine is on display, ready for you to savor, during “Miami Spice,” a two-month restaurant promotion showcasing the absolute best from the city’s favorite restaurants. Organized by the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau (GMCVB), Miami Spice helps both locals and tourists have great three-course meal experiences from a variety of restaurants…
MIAMI SPICE IS MIAMI NICE
Delicious Two Months of Treats Start August 1
by: Mike Halterman
Miami cuisine is on display, ready for you to savor, during “Miami Spice,” a two-month restaurant promotion showcasing the absolute best from the city’s favorite restaurants. Organized by the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau (GMCVB), Miami Spice helps both locals and tourists have great three-course meal experiences from a variety of restaurants (both in cuisine type and — normally — in price) for set prices throughout the city. Fine dining restaurants have their prices set at $19 for lunch per person and $33 for dinner for three courses, and luxury restaurants’ prices are set at $23 for lunch and $39 for dinner.
The two months of culinary festivities will start with “Iron Fork,” sponsored in part by the Miami New Times, on August 1 at 7 p.m. at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. Two of Miami’s most well-regarded chefs will go to battle against one another in an “Iron Chef”-esque competition to win the approval of local chefs judging the final dish. The winner will walk away with the “Iron Fork Award,” and bragging rights as this year’s “best cook in Miami.” Tickets are still available for purchase by going through the Miami New Times and typing in the URL http://microapp.miaminewtimes.com/ironfork/2013/.
Sponsors of Miami Spice include MasterCard, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Bacardi, Stella Artois, and Wines of Chile, with many of the brands offering great deals and promotions to reward diners for participating.
– Norwegian Cruise Lines are running a “Norwegian Getaway Spice It Up Sweepstakes,” in which it is giving away eight cruises for two from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean in honor of its newest year-round cruise ship docking in the Port of Miami. To win a cruise, enter online at www.ilovemiamispice.com.
– Want a good drink with your meal? Bacardi wants you to consider having a BACARDÍ® Mojito, which is the official cocktail of Miami Spice.
– Stella Artois, the official beer partner, will be having a facebook promotion to award one lucky winner a dinner for them and nine friends at a participating restaurant. Check the Miami Spice facebook page for more information.
– Wines of Chile is offering a similar prize for you and your nine friends, and you can enter to win at www.ilovemiamispice.com.
– MasterCard Priceless Miami is offering a limited number of free meal vouchers to celebrate the start of Miami Spice. In addition, if you charge your meal on a MasterCard credit card, a donation will be made in your name to Stand Up for Cancer. If you want to find out how much gets donated and to where, you can go to www.mastercard.com/dogood.
To find out which restaurants are participating in Miami Spice, and to visit the all-new website currently in soft launch, go to www.ilovemiamispice.com.