Last week we filled you in on the fun, talented entertainers who are going to be coming to Central Florida for Gay Disney Week. Now, I’ll be going through the calendar and picking out some hot events so every minute of your week will be filled.
TUESDAY, JUNE 3
- Gay Days® Kickoff Party: Parliament House Resort hosts the official kickoff party to the 24th annual Gay Days® in Orlando! Come and enjoy a fun party and stay for the Parliament House’s Tuesday night events (admission to the Parliament House afterwards is included in your ticket price). $15 in advance, $20 at the door, and $50 VIP tickets (must be purchased in advance). To buy tickets, locate the Kickoff Party event at gaydays.com/calendar/main.
- Da Brat at Parliament House: Hip Hop Tuesday is one of Parliament House’s theme nights, and it is hosted by Darcel Stevens, the queen who rules the roost. Rapper Da Brat will be performing tonight, in addition to two regularly scheduled Footlight Players shows. $10 cover starting at 8 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4
- Welcome!: If you haven’t checked in to the Gay Days® host hotel, the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, stop by the lobby and say hello. Grab your free gift bag and if you have any questions, they can answer them. You can also purchase your event tickets there. Open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Pool Parties: Gay Days® will be hosting pool parties in the afternoon and the evening at the main lagoon pool at the Doubletree. $5 in advance and $10 at the door for the afternoon party (noon to 5 p.m.) and $10 in advance and $15 at the door for the evening party (5 p.m. to 3 a.m.). You can purchase tickets online at gaydays.com/calendar/main or in person at the hotel. Pool parties are free for hotel guests who registered via gaydays.com.
- Miss Gay Days® 2014: CoCo Montrese from RuPaul’s Drag Race returns home to Florida to host the Miss Gay Days® pageant. Special performances by Nova Starr, Leigh Shannon and Anastacia Dupree. Special guest judges Chi Chi LaRue and Kaci Battaglia. $20 in advance, $27 at the door. 7 p.m. at the Doubletree’s Great Lakes Ballroom.
THURSDAY, JUNE 5
- Gay Day® at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: You thought wearing red was just for the Magic Kingdom? Think again. Today is the special Gay Day® for the Animal Kingdom park. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the African savanna without leaving Florida!
- Stop by the Expos!: There are over 100 vendors at the official Gay Days® Expo, which is open to the public and is free for all ages. It is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Doubletree. There are more vendors located in the Auxiliary Hall, and there’s also vendors outside in the sun (open from noon to 10 p.m.) and an 18+ expo (11 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Pool Parties: The main Gay Days®, Wet Bears and Girls at Gay Days® pool parties run from today straight through the weekend. The Gay Days® pool is the main lagoon pool, the Wet Bears pool is the Serenity pool and the Girls at Gay Days® pool is the Key West pool, all at the Doubletree. Afternoon pool hours are noon to 5 p.m. and evening hours are 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. The Girls at Gay Days® Happy Hour lasts from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are available to purchase online and in person. Prices vary by party and location.
- A Taste of Gay Days®: Enjoy beers, wines, and assorted liquors alongside scrumptious appetizers. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Doubletree’s Great Lakes Ballroom. $30 at the door. 21+ event, ID required.
- P.I. at P.H.: Parliament House recreates the glory days of Pleasure Island, an experience that you won’t be able to forget. Featuring the Explosion Dancers and a special Countdown to Midnight. $10 at the door starting at 8 p.m.
- Kidd Madonny: World-renowned DJ Kidd Madonny promises a special night of music, lights and entertainment at Pulse Orlando. Kitty Meow, Chyna and Fantasy will be coming up from South Beach to perform a special tropical-themed show. $20 at the door, starting at 9 p.m.
- Ignite: DJs Roland Belmares and Wayne G. start off One Mighty Weekend for the crowds at House of Blues in Downtown Disney. Doors open at 9 p.m. $30.
FRIDAY, JUNE 6
- Gay Day® at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Put on your most fabulous red and enjoy a day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the company of tens of thousands of gay people from around the world.
- Expo Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (main and auxiliary halls); 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (18+ expo); 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (bears hall); 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (outdoor vendors).
- Pool Parties: The Gay Days® main pool parties, the Wet Bears parties and the Girls at Gay Days® parties all happen today at the Doubletree, with the afternoon parties starting at noon and the evening parties starting at 5 p.m., going on well into the night. The Gay Days® main afternoon party is sponsored by the Provincetown Tourism Office. At the Buena Vista Palace, the Reunion pool party by One Mighty Weekend starts at noon with DJ Shane Stiel. Prices vary by party and location.
- Pillow Talk: Two guys share a bed and stay up all night…talking about life, love, friendship, and sex. A play by Peter Tolan. Performances at 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at the Doubletree’s Great Lakes Ballroom. $20 at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased online. VIP tickets get you a backstage tour, a meet and greet with the cast and an autographed poster. Additional showings occur on Saturday at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. and on Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
- Riptide: This is one event you don’t want to miss. It is the signature event of the One Magical Weekend group of parties. Headlining DJ Brett Henrichsen and Orlando’s own Twisted Dee will be spinning for the crowd of hotties at Disney’s famous water park. Shuttle service starts from the Doubletree at 6 p.m., be sure to sign up for it at the One Magical Weekend ticket counter. 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.; purchase tickets online or at the ticket counter. $90 general admission.
- Mýa at Parliament House: The R&B singer who became famous with hits like “Case of the Ex,” “Lady Marmalade” and “My Love is Like…Wo” performs tonight at the Parliament House. Also enjoy two shows from the Footlight Players, including the Footlight Player Men and the queens Darcel Stevens, Sassy Devine, Jazell Barbie Royale and Shantell D’Marco. $20.
- UNZIPPED Black & Blue Ball: Gay Days®, in partnership with Channel 1 Releasing and FabScout, presents a hot adult video-themed dance party, with some of your favorite adult film stars, such as Jay Armstrong, Sean Duran, Nick Cross and Hunter Vance. Music by DJ Spencer Reed. Get a chance to meet the stars and participate in fun giveaways! $25 at the door. 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. at the Doubletree’s Great Lakes Ballroom.
- Magic Journeys: A three-night event starts tonight at midnight at Arabian Nights. Doors open at 11 p.m. all three nights. Entertainment includes Alain Jackinsky and Gustavo Scorpio tonight, Rosabel on Saturday and Dani Toro and Joe Gauthreaux on Sunday. To buy tickets, visit onemightyweekend.com. Prices vary by night.
SATURDAY, JUNE 7
- Gay Day® at Magic Kingdom: For the 23rd year in a row, the LGBT community wears red and converges on the Magic Kingdom for a day of fun with Mickey, Minnie and their friends. You can purchase Walt Disney World tickets online via gaydays.com; there is a discount for Florida residents.
- Expo Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (main and auxiliary halls); 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (18+ hall); noon to 10 p.m. (outdoor vendors).
- Pool Parties: The Gay Days® main parties, the Wet Bears parties and the Girls at Gay Days® parties go on today at the Doubletree in the afternoon (noon to 5 p.m.) and in the evening (5 p.m. to 3 a.m.). The Wet Bears afternoon pool party is sponsored by Jack Daniels Honey. The main evening pool party’s guest DJ will be Chi Chi LaRue from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. At the Buena Vista Palace, the Reunion pool party by One Mighty Weekend starts at noon with DJ Lydia Sanz. Prices vary by party and location.
- Gay Days® Comedy: Enjoy a night of laughter with Latina comedienne Mimi Gonzalez and self-described “comic-actor-singer-celesbian” Sandra Valls. Reserved seating includes a meet and greet with the comics after the show. $30 door, $40 reserve seating and $50 VIP tickets. Go to gaydays.com to purchase tickets in advance. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. in the Doubletree Great Lakes Ballroom.
- LeAnn Rimes at Parliament House: LeAnn Rimes, who is well-known for such hits as “Blue,” “How Do I Live,” “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” and “I Need You,” will be performing a unique high-energy show which will include many of your dance favorites. Also featured at Parliament House tonight: a foam party and an adult film expo! Events start at 8 p.m., the live performance will occur after the second Footlight Player show. $30.
- WE Party: Vogue: The second of three One Magical Weekend shows, WE Party: Vogue will be held at Epcot’s World Showplace. Two DJs have been flown in from Europe to spin your favorite dance mixes: Sr. Edu from Spain and Danny Verde from Italy. The party starts at 9 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online or at the One Magical Weekend ticket counter. $90 general admission.
- Latin XXXPLOSION: Pulse Orlando will be hosting a Latin night that will leave you breathless. The female impersonation includes national titleholders such as Angelica Sanchez and your recently crowned Miss Gay USofA Classic, Chevelle Brooks.
SUNDAY, JUNE 8
- Gay Day® at Epcot: See the countries of the world all in one place, at the Epcot theme park at Walt Disney World. Wear red and let everyone know you’re here for a gay old time at Disney! Stay for the E-Tea Dance (description below).
- Expo Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (main and auxiliary hall, bears hall and 18+ expo); noon to 10 p.m. (outdoor vendors).
- Pool Parties: The final day of the main Gay Days®, Wet Bears and Girls at Gay Days® pool parties is today at the Doubletree. Afternoon parties last from noon to 5 p.m. and evening parties start at 5 p.m. and go on until 3 a.m. At the Buena Vista Palace, the Reunion pool party by One Mighty Weekend starts at noon with DJ Phil B. Prices vary by party and location.
- E-Tea Dance: The final One Magical Weekend party starts at 2 p.m. at Epcot. Travel around the world and sample all the glorious alcoholic (and non-alcoholic!) beverages, all the while enjoying the music by South Florida-based DJ Andy Ajar. Finally, enjoy the fireworks show in the company of friends. Dance starts at 5 p.m. $90 general admission.
- Dev and En Vogue at Parliament House: Dev, known for her song “Bass Down Low” and her part in “Like a G6,” takes the stage first, followed by En Vogue, who will no doubt keep the audience on their feet with such classics as “Free Your Mind” and “My Lovin’ (Never Gonna Get It).” The foam party returns for a second night, starting at 8 p.m. $30.
For a complete event listing visit http://www.hotspotsmagazine.com/gay-days-orlando-event-listing/.
For more information about these and other Gay Disney Week events, visit gaydays.com, onemagicalweekend.com, parliamenthouse.com, pulseorlandoclub.com and onemightyweekend.com. Also, be sure to read the What’s Hot Central Florida column this week for additional events happening throughout Orlando!