dish ban
Advertisement

dish ban

Two of the hardest behind-the-scenes workers you will ever find in Ybor City! The couple have spent many, many hours on the Labor Day weekend bar crawl. We just have one question for the guys…

DISHING WITH MARK AND CARRIE

GaYBOR Members of the Week: Mike & Scott

Two of the hardest behind-the-scenes workers you will ever find in Ybor City! The couple have spent many, many hours on the Labor Day weekend bar crawl. We just have one question for the guys. Why is it always Mike & Scott and not Scott & Mike? Hmm… could it be the same reason we are always Mark & Carrie?

Maybe…because just like in the movie Torch Song Trilogy, Mark & Mike set down the law years ago and said they are the pretty ones! LOL LOL

Nephew of the Week: Wayne Toepfer

Whenever Wayne walks into a room, everybody smiles back at him. He is such a great guy, always in a good mood and so much fun. When he is not out enjoying life and people, he is with his partner, Matt. You will find smiling Wayne at The Palms Restaurant on Westshore.

You Just Can’t Make This Stuff Up!: Free Beer

Last Saturday afternoon was the FSU bar crawl in GaYBOR/Ybor City. 99% of the huge crowd were fine; the other 1% gave us something to laugh about. About 5 p.m. two FSU “yahoos” were walking west on 7th Avenue. Both had their FSU shirts off and tucked into their shorts that were falling down. With beer bellies hanging out, the pair were full of team spirit and booze. Shouting out “go team” and “F this” and “F that.”

As they disappeared down the street, a highly bright glossy-painted car with huge expensive rims, loud boom boom music and a way too expensive paint job drove by. The car stopped in front of New York New York Pizza. The guys inside the car wanted to impress the girls eating pizza on the street cafe. They squealed the tires in a spin out then broke the car’s axle! LOL

With them blocking traffic, the police were called to help. While waiting for the tow truck the police closed the street down and detoured the traffic.  Just when this scene couldn’t get any funnier, here come the “yahoos” walking back. This time they were in the middle of the now-closed 7th Avenue, still shouting “go team” and “F this” and “F that.” They actually had a cheap 12 pack of beer under their arms and an open can of beer in the other hand. The two FSU guys walked right into the police! LOL LOL

Then they started a fight with the police. I’m sure this was a proud moment for their mothers! The guys were handcuffed and sat down on the curb to wait for the police pick-up wagon.

Now the really funny part….. just then, a couple of Ybor’s homeless guys spotted the 12 packs in the street. The guys ran out and picked up the beer, then quickly disappeared. The crowd was cheering the homeless guys.  The handcuffed guys started to yell, “POLICE! POLICE! They are stealing our beer!”

You just can not make this up! LOLdish last

HCC Ybor Classes Are Back In Session

With the fall semester starting at schools and colleges across the country, so it is at the Hillsborough Community College Ybor City campus. Students are starting new life paths as they obtain their education and new futures. More students are registering for classes at HCC as a beginning to their education, then transferring to a four-year college or major university.

The change in enrollment this year is different than the past couple of years. In years past, students registered because of the local downturn in the economy; they wanted to further their education to get better jobs. Most of the students enrolled this fall are 2013 high school graduates.

The GSA had a welcome party for new students in the campus park. Welcome back HCC students!

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here