It is the SHOW that took Broadway by storm, redefined it, and garnered a ton of awards including many TONYs. Hamilton is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, direction by Thomas Kail, choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler and music supervision and orchestrations by Alex Lacamoire, Hamilton is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.
Hamilton features scenic design by David Korins, costume design by Paul Tazewell, lighting design by Howell Binkley, sound design by Nevin Steinberg, hair and wig design by Charles G. LaPointe, casting by Telsey + Company, Bethany Knox, CSA, and General Management by Baseline Theatrical.
The musical is produced by Jeffrey Seller, Sander Jacobs, Jill Furman and The Public Theater.
The cast consists of Ta’rea Campbell (Angelica Schuyler), Marcus Choi (George Washington), Elijah Malcomb (John Laurens/Phillip Hamilton), Joseph Morales (Alexander Hamilton), Shoba Narayan (Eliza Hamilton), Fergie, L Philippe (Hercules Mulligan/James Madison), Kyle Scatliffe (Marquis De Lafayette/Thomas), Nyla Sostra (Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds), Jon Patrick Walker (King George), Nik Walker (Aaron Burr), and an ensemble cast consisting of 29 other actors.
Fort Lauderdale is lucky enough to have the Broadway Across America’s Hamilton tour stop at the Broward Center from December 18-20.
Producer Jeffrey Seller and Broadway in Fort Lauderdale announce a digital lottery for Hamilton tickets will begin in conjunction with the show’s first performance (December 18) in Ft. Lauderdale at Broward Center for the Performing Arts. Forty (40) tickets will be sold for every performance for $10 each. The digital lottery will open at 11:00 AM ET on Sunday, December 16 for tickets to the Tuesday, December 18 performance. Subsequent digital lotteries will begin two days prior to each performance.
HOW TO ENTER
- Use the official app for Hamilton, now available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (http://hamiltonmusical.com/app).
- You can also visit http://hamiltonmusical.com/lottery to register.
- The lottery will open at 11:00 AM ET two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9:00 AM ET the day prior to the performance.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent at approximately 11:00 AM ET the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided).
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or participate.
- Each winning entrant may purchase up to two (2) tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 PM ET the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 PM ET the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
Launching April 2019 in Chicago, Hamilton: The Exhibition will take visitors deeper into the life and times of Alexander Hamilton through the immersive exhibit featuring a dynamic, interactive mix of in-depth scenography, lighting, sound, multimedia, music, and an audio tour narrated by Mr. Miranda. For more information and to sign up to be the first to receive news and ticket sales alerts about Hamilton: The Exhibition, please visit hamiltonexhibition.com.
The Hamilton Original Broadway Cast Recording is available everywhere nationwide. The Hamilton recording received a 2016 Grammy for Best Musical Theatre Album.
To purchase tickets to Hamilton, visit: BrowardCenter.org.
For information on Hamilton, visit www.HamiltonMusical.com.