The Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival is a great way to give back to your community and come together for a 5K walk and an epic concert! Proceeds raised from the walk and festival go to local AIDS service organizations who fight to end the epidemic in their communities every day.
This year’s Florida AIDS Walk & Music Festival takes place at South Beach Park on Fort Lauderdale Beach on Saturday, April 24.
Schedule for the Day
8:00 am registration opens
9:30 am pre-event ceremony
10:00 am walk
10:45 am live music starts
Show Line-Up In Order:
Make absolutely sure to bring your camera or phone. Tag all your social media posts with #FAW and #FAW2021.
Important Safety Information
They are taking safety very seriously. They have a COVID safety plan in place that has been reviewed and approved by Broward County and the City of Fort Lauderdale, and their ability to hold this event in 2021 and in the future depends upon the cooperation of all participants in following these guidelines.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not attend the event. Visit the CDC’s website for more information about coronavirus symptoms.
- There will be distanced viewing boxes for each pod of participants during the ceremony and music festival. These boxes accommodate 1-4 people, or 5-10 people. Your group of up to 10 people will need to arrive together and will choose your pod area.
- Participants will be released to the walk route from their viewing boxes.
- Participants will need to wear face coverings throughout the event at all times, unless eating or drinking. Stay tuned for details about their “coolest mask” social media contest. Just because we’re covering our faces doesn’t mean we can’t have fun with it!
- Participants will need to follow social distancing and other health guidelines posted on-site.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the festival and water stops. Please make use of it.
- Participants should avoid physical contact (hugs, high fives, etc.) with people outside of their group.
- Failure to comply with safety measures may result in participants being asked to leave the event space.
What to Bring: Face covering, sunblock, sunglasses, ID, comfortable shoes, your fully charged phone and/or camera, and a credit card for food & drinks
Do Not Bring: Wagons, pets, coolers, beach umbrellas or picnic baskets
STRICTLY PROHIBITED: Weapons, Glass, Outside Alcohol, Drones
Parking and Transportation
To help you avoid Spring Break traffic on A1A, we have a variety of ways for you to get to the beach, including parking shuttles and other forms of transportation.
City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Rates – Varied Rates — Las Olas Garage 200 E. Las Olas Circle Fort Lauderdale 33316
B Ocean Resort Hotel – $20
1140 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale FL 33316
Hilton Beach Resort – $15
505 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. Fort Lauderdale FL 33304